Infolinks In Text Ads

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Komodo


Komodo dragons are huge! I mean, I knew they would be big but we’re talking enormous! The first one I saw made my jaw drop, it was easily over nine feet long. Their feet and heads are very big and each one has characteristics that make them easy to recognize. At the end of our hike I posed in front of three that were near the gift shop. As I took my hat off and threw it on the ground out of the picture, the lizards got up and went after it and us, who by this time were running away! It was quite exciting and nice to see them moving about, flicking their tongues.

The island of Komodo is much larger than I imagined also. I pictured a barren deserted island but it’s actually very big, there’s a village there and at the moment it’s very green and lush. The following day we went to neighboring Rinca island and saw even more lizards along with water buffaloes and deer.

1 comment:

Bali Hotel said...

The directory of Komodo Adventure Tours provides information of Komodo Island and Flores in East Nusa Tenggara. The adventure tours to Komodo Island starts from 2 days exit Bali up to 7 days. While Flores overland tours starts from 5 days to 9 days travel.